Wednesday 13 August 2014

The Carrie Diaries

 This is a bit of a weird blog post, but I feel like a part has been ripped out of me. I don't know if it's a normal thing, or if I'm the only sad teenager who gets overly attached to things for a short while and then when it leaves my life, I feel I have no purpose and have absolutely nothing to do. I've been searching frantically on numerous different sites for any slight chance of this perfect thing re-entering my life any time soon, but with no luck.

This thing that is so special to me is...

The Carrie Diaries.

Now if you have watched this show, you will understand that you can easily get caught up in the people's lives. Every plot is so believable and usually quite relatable too. Carrie is just an ordinary suburban girl with a dream of making it big in New York. All her problems with work, school, friends and family are so, I don't even know, just wow.
And Sebastian Kydd is just O.o
When he and Carrie fought, it bought tears to my eyes, but nothing was as bad as coming off a FaceTime call to watch the last 2 minutes of an episode, going back onto the website to watch the next episode and releasing that there were no more. Heartbreaking.
 This definitely isn't the first time this has happened to me, it seems like every few months my life revolves around a new series. I spend my whole day lying in bed watching, and staying up until 3am 'just watching one more episode'. When it finishes I go into a deep depression for months, I feel lost and alone, my own life and friends are nowhere near as special as the ones I made watching the programme. (Okay, maybe a slight exaggeration, but I'm sure some of you understand).

Other series that came to mind which have had the same effect on me were;
90210
Gavin and Stacy
Broadchurch
and I'm sure many more, but maybe my mind has blanked them out because revisiting the memory of the pain is just too much for me to handle.

And the award for the most boring and pointless blog post that I'm sure no one will actually read goes to 'The Carrie Diaries' by Kate Murphy!:D

byyeee :* xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment